Furniture Care & Safety
Much of our furniture is made from solid wood and we often get asked about the best way to care for real wood furniture.
Here are some tips for keeping your solid wood furniture looking beautiful:
- Dust regularly
- Always use place mats and coasters to protect the surface of the furniture from moisture and heat damage
- Wipe up any spills immediately with a damp (not wet) cloth and then dry the surface
- Remove more stubborn stains with a weak solution of water and washing up liquid on a damp cloth before using a clean, dry cloth to dry the surface
- Furniture polish should not be necessary
- Never use abrasive or corrosive cleaners
In the interest of safety, we recommend that tall pieces of furniture such as cupboards, wardrobes and shelving units are anchored to a wall using appropriate tip restraints, ie. brackets or bolts. The device(s) required will be dependent on varying factors such as the size and weight of the furniture, your wall material, thickness etc.
Beware hidden hazards such as electrical wiring or water pipes!
Please seek the advice and assistance of an expert if you are atall unsure.